Sunday 8 November 2009

Wishbone Ash it

Originally Posted 20/4/2005

Bollox to them

I made a jig and cut my steel to make the wishbones.

Being the real impatient sort I strted to screw the top balljoint in to the bone before it had cooled, it must have cross threaed cause it stuck in like that stuff to a blanket, to the point of damaging the threaded tube in the process of removing it, anyways after a Plea on the locost builders website I got loads of useful advice and I have bought a suitable tap and managed to rescue the fabricated wishbone, although I’m now not happy with the bush tube alignment and am going to make a much better jig that will keep these tubes in alignment

I think the bones made out of the oval section steel will look quite nice, check out the photo and form your own opinion.

wb1